1. Booking – book your surf trip in advance and during the non-peak travel season.
2. Travel Specials – sign up for the travel special/discount package newsletter.
3. Packing [...] Read More...
Surf Travel on a Budget
1. Booking - book your surf trip in advance and during the non-peak travel season.
2. Travel Specials - sign up for the travel special/discount package newsletter.
3. Packing - pack all of your travel essentials in your carry-on and save on additional baggage fees.
4. Board Bag - keep your board bag light weight so the airline agents don't charge you for over weight fees.
5. Lodging - stay at the resorts where your meals and drinks are included in the overall price.
6. Group rates - book your surf trip with a group of friends and receive group discount rates.
7. Airline Food - save money by bringing your own food and snacks onto the airplane, airplane food is usually sketchy anyways!
8. Airline Tickets - If you have frequent flyer miles, use them!
9. Over Booking - Take advantage of overbooking. By volunteering your seat when a flight is overbooked you can earn free flights and often even cash from the airline.
10. ATM Fees - avoid using the ATM at the airport or in places that charge large service fees.
For more information about saving cash on your next surf trip check out the post "Saving on your next surf trip".